Bling's weekly book review: Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

Hi friends,

It is time for this week's book review.   The name of this week's book is Interrupting Chicken.   The story is written and illustrated by David Ezra Stein.

https://www.adogbling.com

Last week my book review was also a chicken story.  Here we are this week with another chicken story.   I love chickens.  It is that simple.  They are fun little pets and they give me eggs for my breakfast.  Yeah.   Eggs are yummy.   This week's book, Interrupting Chicken, is about a little red chicken that interrupts her Papa when he is reading her bed time stories.   I have 2 red chickens.  Really, it is true.  If you look closely, you can see them behind me in this photo.  The first one is Tribble and the one behind her is Dr. Pepper.   They are two of my most favorite chickens.   I have nine.   That's not counting my new chicks!   Let's move on to our book review and stop messing around with my pets.  

Interrupting Chicken is a fun story about a dad (rooster) reading to his daughter ( a little red chicken) bed time stories.  The little red chicken knows all the stories.  Her Papa has read them to her so many times, she knows what happens in the story before she hears it.   The little red chicken can't help herself.  Every story her Papa reads to her, she interrupts the story and tells her Papa what is about to happen.  Her Papa gets a little frustrated and suggests to the little red chicken that she should read to him.  Sometimes, we know what is going to happen, or know the answer to a question before it is asked.   Sometimes, it is best if we try to be good listeners and not ruin the ending for someone else.  Or, not give the answer to someone else.  Reading this book is a great lesson to help us see how interrupting others is not a good thing to do.  It is also not very nice.   No matter how much we want to let others know what is happening, it is better to be a good listener.    You might be wondering what happens in the story now.   What happens when the little red chicken reads to her Papa?   Well....I don't want to ruin the end of the story for you.   You will have fun finding this out for yourselves when YOU read the book.   I can tell you this, there may be a twist in the story.   Maybe Papa is not a good listener either.    Let me know what happens after you read the book!




Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website and you will receive my private newsletter.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Weekly Book Review - Good Night Baddies by Deborah Underwood