Blings weekly book review: Chicken Little, Retold and illustrated by Steven Kellogg

Hi friends,

It is time for this week's book review.   The name of this week's book is Chicken Little.   The story is retold and illustrated by Steven Kellogg.
adogbling.com


I've been waiting to share this book with you until it was spring time.  I knew my mom would have new chicks.   We have some lovely baby chicks that were just hatched.  One is here with me in the photo.  Do you see her?   Keep an eye on my Facebook page.  I'll be sharing more chick and chicken photos there.   I have a video of me with the chicks too.  Okay - enough about my chickens.   Let's talk about this week's book.

Chicken Little is not only the name of our book but the name of the main character in the story.   Chicken Little is a cute little yellow chick that was on her way home from school.  As she was skipping down the road, an acorn fell from a tree and hit her right in the middle of the head.  Chicken Little was terrified.   She did not know it was an acorn.   She over reacted and thought the sky was falling.   Chicken Little told everyone she could that the sky was falling.   Those who heard her story, told others.   Before you knew it, everyone thought the sky was falling.  Everyone was so busy being worried about what was happening, they didn't pay close attention to what was going on around them.   Before long, everyone was in a pickle.  Well, not really in a pickle because a chicken can't fit inside a pickle.   I am just kidding.  What I mean is, everyone was in a situation that they didn't want to be in.   There are two lessons for us here.  Do you see them?  The first lesson is to not always believe everything you hear.  Sometimes people make mistakes and tell us something that is not true.  Or, it may be true but exaggerated.  It is really good to make sure you know whether something is true or not before you tell others.   If you are not sure, ask someone else.   It is always a good idea to ask for help and spend some time making sure what you are saying is true.  Never be too proud or afraid to reach out to others.   We can all learn from one another.   If we are totally honest with ourselves, we never stop learning.   How could anyone ever know everything?   They can't.   We can't.  We will always be learning.  The second lesson from the book is to be aware of what is going on around us.  It is good to be careful.   I bet you are wondering what happens to Chicken Little and her friends at the end of the story.   You know me, I don't want to ruin it for you.   To find out, you need to read the book.   We can never read too many books!  You can purchase the book on line (like I did) or go to a library and check it out.  The pictures are really awesome.   I love chickens.   The book is filled with pictures of animals.  There is a duck, geese, a turkey, a fox, and big huge hippo.  This is a great story and the big hippo in the end had me laughing out loud!

Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website and you will receive my private newsletter.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller