Bling's weekly book review: Biscuit visits the Farm by Alyssa Satin Capucilli and illustrated by Pat Schories

Hi friends,

It is time for this week's book review.   The name of this week's book is Biscuit Visits the Farm.   The author is Alyssa Satin Capuchilli and the illustrations were created by Pat Schories.

adogbling.com

There is something different about this book than the others I have written about.  This week's book is a board book.  Have you ever heard about a board book?   I hadn't either until someone told me about them.   Board books are for little kids.  The pages of the board books are very thick - like a board.  The pages don't bend.  That way,  little kids can hold the pages easier when they are looking at the book.   If you look closely at my photo with the book, you can see the pages are thick and are not bending - just like the cover of the book.


 This book was fun for me to read.   Now that I live in Texas, I kind of live on a farm.   Well, kind of a mini farm.  Some people call it a hobby farm.  We have chickens...lots of chickens.  We also have a bird and some cats.  Our neighbors have cattle.  They have lots of cattle.  They also have horses, and donkeys and goats, lots of goats.   When I wake up in the morning, I hear cows mooing.  Yikes, I am off track again.  On to our book review!  Our book is about a puppy named Biscuit who gets to visit a farm with his family.   There are so many things to see at a farm, especially if you are from the city (like I used to be).   When Biscuit's family arrives at the farm, everyone wants to help with the chores except for Biscuit.  Biscuit wants to explore.   The first thing Biscuit does is run and chase the chickens.   Oh my gosh....that is exactly what my new little sister, Bliss, wanted to do when she came to our house.  She wanted to run with the chickens.   Gees, I better stick to talking about our book.  Next, Biscuit ran off and found the sheep.   After finding the sheep, Biscuit ran off and found some chicks that were pecking at the ground behind the hen house.    Biscuit was so busy.  He kept finding new things that he had never seen before.  Biscuit was so excited to see new things and explore.  I love to do that too.   Do you like to find out about new things?   I hope you do.  We don't have to go to a farm to find new things.  We can find out about new things by reading books.   There are books about EVERYTHING.   We can also find out about new things from hearing stories.  Adults are great at telling stories about all kinds of things.   Grandparents and parents can tell us about so many things.   Years and years ago, before books, telling stories was a way of passing history down from one generation to the next.   One thing is for sure, learning is exciting no matter how you do it.   That is why teachers are so fabulous.   Teachers devote their lives to helping others learn.   We can learn so much from teachers.   I don't want to tell you what Biscuit does at the end of the book.  It is a wonderful ending.   If you want to read the book, go to your local library and ask the librarian to help you find this book.  The pictures of all the animals are great too!


Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website and you will receive my private newsletter.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller