Bling's weekly book review - "Dog vs. Cat' by Chris Gall

Hi Friends,

It is time for my weekly book review.   I love doing them for you!

This week, my book review is for a children's book, Dog vs. Cat, written and illustrated by Chris Gall.   This is such a great book.  I keep reading it over and over.   My mom had put it back on the book shelf and here I am with it out again.   Don't you love hearing your favorite stories over and over!!


adogbling.com

In this book, a man went to a shelter to get a dog.  At the same time, his wife went to a shelter to get a cat.  They both brought home a pet on the same day!  Can you imagine it?  This is going to be interesting.  Guess what??  They only had one room for their new pets.  Their pets were going to have to learn to share.

Dog and Cat decided to split the room in half.  They would EACH have THEIR OWN area!  Dog's side of the room was really messy.  Cat's side of the room was really clean.  I think there is going to be some conflict don't you!!   They tried to be friendly with each other.  They found they were totally opposite though.   Dog didn't like what Cat liked.  Cat definitely didn't like what Dog liked.   They became really naughty and actually tried to get each other in trouble.   Gosh, that is not nice.  This is going to turn out really badly.   Even if we don't like someone, we should NEVER try to get them in trouble.  Dog and Cat decided to build a wall in their room so they didn't have to play together.   Guess what??  They found out they missed each other.   I really love this.  We don't have to have everything in common to be friends.  I am really glad Dog and Cat realized that.

Dog and Cat were having fun being friends and then something unexpected happened.  From outside their room, they heard a new noise.  It was a really strange noise.  It was a VERY strange noise.  It was a noise they had never heard before.  Before they knew what happened, this new noise was going to live in their room.   Dog and Cat had to think fast.  Things were changing really quickly and they knew, together, they could form a perfect plan.

I can't tell you what they did or how they solved their problem,  You will need to read the book to find out exactly what they did.  I can tell you, Dog and Cat ended up happy and learned they could be best friends.  Always remember, if you have a problem, don't waste time worrying.  Use your time wisely and figure out how to make things better.

I hope you are able to read this book and if so, enjoy it as much as I did.  The illustrations are wonderful and I was laughing all the time looking at them.


Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

Bling's weekly book review: "No Roses for Harry" written by Gene Zion and illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham.