Bling's weekly book review -" I'm Not Sleepy " by Jane Chapman

Hi Kids,

It is time for my weekly book review.  Like last week's book, this week's book is written and illustrated by the same person!   She is what is called an author/illustrator.   I can't wait to tell you all about it.  It is another wonderful book to read!
adogbling.com
This week, my book review is on "I'm Not Sleepy" by author/illustrator Jane Chapman.

The book is about an owlet named Mo.   Do you know what an owlet is?  It is a baby owl.  I looked owlets up on line to share some fun facts with you.

Thank you to https://www.littlethings.com/facts-about-owl-babies/ for this great information!

10 Facts About Baby Owls You Never Knew Before
  • They Have A Special Name. ...
  • They Are Born With A Tooth. ...
  • They Hatch On Different Days Than Their Siblings. ...
  • They Will Attach To Humans If Not Careful. ...
  • They Have Monogamous Parents. ...
  • They Are Born In Stolen Nests. ...
  • They Are Best Left Untouched. ...
  • They Don't Stick Around The Nest Long...
  • They Grow Quickly...
  • But they start out very small...
Back to our book review!  The main character of the book is an owlet named Mo.   I wonder if Mo is a common character name for a children's book?  Is this interesting....do you remember last week's book review?  Its main character was Mo, who was a wild racoon.  Back to this week's story about Mo the owlet.

It was time for Mo to go to bed and his grandma was getting him all ready.  Mo wasn't tired.  Mo wanted to play.   He just wasn't sleepy.  How many of you want to play before bed?   Well, Mo wanted to play and play and play.  The last thing Mo wanted was to go to sleep.  His grandma put him to bed and he kept finding something that he needed.  Try as she might, Mo's grandma just couldn't get him to sleep.  He needed a "before bed" biscuit.  Then he needed to be tucked in.  No matter what his grandma did, Mo wanted to play.   I know when my parents put me to bed, I keep sneaking and getting up.  I sneak out to the kitchen to see if anyone is eating anything.  I sneak into the cat room to see if they left anything for me to eat.  I sneak into the living room to look for my toys.  It is fun not to go to bed on time don't you think!   

Mo's grandma was very smart and had a great plan.   She had a plan to help Mo become sleepy so he would not want to play before bed that night.   I can't tell you what she did and ruin the end of the story for you.    You'll enjoy it when you read the book.

Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week. 

Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

 As you can see from my picture, reading before bed made me very sleepy.  I am going to go to bed now - sweet dreams to all. 

If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love and hugs, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

The kids get to meet Mr Beeps