Bling Reviews - Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes

Hi Friends,

We have a really fun book to review this week.  The name of the book is Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse and it was written by Kevin Henkes.      Our main character is a little gray mouse named Lilly.   She is really cute.    If you look at the photo below you will see I was reading the book to Faith and Lacey, one of my cats.   All of a sudden, the pup, Bliss, barged in and demanded to be part of the story time.  Ooops - I thought she was taking her baby nap.   Sorry Bliss!  I better not leave my little sister out again.




You know how I LOVE to look at the pictures in books.   I noticed right away that Lilly was wearing red cowboy boots.  I LOVE red cowboy boots.   Oh my, it appears I am getting off track... back to my review.  The first thing I noticed while reading the book was how Lilly was happy about everything.   She loved her teacher, she loved school, she loved drawing; Lilly was one happy little mouse.   Then, one day  Lilly took something to class that she was really excited to share.   Things did not work out how Lilly thought they would.   Lilly learned a valuable lesson that includes kindness and patience.   I sure don't want to ruin the story and tell you more.   If you have an opportunity to read this book (and look at the wonderful pictures) I think you will be glad you did!!

Don't forget about my fan club "The Bling Fan Club".  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website and you will receive my private newsletter.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.   The fan club also has stickers for good readers.   The stickers have my picture on them.   I really like them and have put one in my favorite book.   Stickers are really fun.  

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling
#adogbling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

Bling's weekly book review: "No Roses for Harry" written by Gene Zion and illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham.