Bling's Weekly Children's Book Review: Mice and Beans by Pam Munoz Ryan and Illustrated by Joe Cepeda

Hi friends,

We have a really fun book to review this week.  The name of the book is Mice and Beans.   I bet you thought I was going to say Rice and Beans - which I LOVE to eat.  Yum.   Nope, this is Mice and Beans.   The book was written by the talented story teller, Pam Munoz Ryan.  The adorable illustrations were created by Joe Cepeda.  On to our review!

http://www.adogbling.com

How many of you are thinking the book is about food?  Well, it kind of is.   More importantly, the book is about kindness and doing things for others.   There is a little girl named Catalina and her grandmother is planning a birthday for her.  The birthday is really important.  Actually, every birthday is important - don't you think so!   Catalina's grandmother knows a birthday party is a time for family and friends to spend time together.   Life gets so busy at times that we forget to spend time with our families.    The book makes me smile as I see all the things Catalina's grandmother is doing for her family so they can all celebrate with Catalina.   There is a HUGE SURPRISE in the story.    I can't tell you what it is.  What will surprise you is WHO helps Catalina's grandmother.   I can't wait for you to read the book.   It is really awesome and I sure hope you can read it too!

Don't forget about my fan club "The Bling Fan Club".  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website and you will receive my private newsletter.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.   The fan club also has stickers for good readers.   The stickers have my picture on them.   I really like them and have put one in my favorite book.   Stickers are really fun. 

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

The kids get to meet Mr Beeps