Bling's weekly book review: "A Mammoth in the Fridge" written by Michael Escoffier and illustrated by Mattieu Maudet.

Hi friends,

It is time for this week's book review.    I have a special treat for you.    We are reviewing an international book.  The name of this week's book is A Mammoth in the Fridge.    The original title of the book was Un mammouth dans le frigo.   That is French for A Mammoth in the Fridge.   Totally cool!   The book was created by two individuals from France.  The story is written by Michael Escoffier and illustrated by Mattieu Maudet.


The front inside book flap says the following, "If you find a mammoth in your fridge, there are two questions you should ask.  How did it get there?  and   How do you get it out?   Those are two very interesting questions.  I can tell you when you read the book, the questions will be answered.    In our story there is a little boy named Noah.   He discovers there is a mammoth in their refrigerator.  When he runs and tells his father, Noah's father thinks Noah is being silly.  Well, guess what...turns out there is a mammoth in the fridge.   Noah's parents call the fire department for help.   The mammoth gets away and runs up a tall tree.   There the mammoth is safe.   Let's think about that for a moment.  When things are frightening, what do we do?   We look for a safe place don't we?   What is your safe place?  I can tell you mine.  My safe place is sitting in the lap of my mom or dad.   It doesn't matter where your safe place is.  What matters is that you have a place where you can go to feel safe.  Eventually, Noah gets the mammoth out of the tree.  Do you know what that tells me?  It tells me that Noah was trusted by the mammoth.   That is something else for us to think about.  Are there people in your life that you trust?   Trust is so very important.  Trust not only makes us feel safe, but it makes the other person feel good too.   If you have a secret, having someone you trust to tell the secret to is really awesome.   At the same time, it is important that others can trust you.   I always think of the "golden rule" - this rule says "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."   What that means is treat people how you want to be treated.   Let's go back to the front inside cover of the book.  Do you remember the two questions?   They were 1)  how did the Mammoth get in the fridge and 2) how do you get it out?   I know but think it would be much more fun for you to read the book yourself and find out.    The illustrations are great.  There are also french fries in the book.  I love french fries.  Oh no, I am getting off topic again.   I sure hope you can read the book.  You will love the surprise ending.

Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website and you will receive my private newsletter.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

Bling's weekly book review: "No Roses for Harry" written by Gene Zion and illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham.