Bling's weekly book review: Pete the Cat and the Cool Cat Boogie written and illustrated by Kimberly & James Dean

Hi friends,

It is time for this week's book review.   The name of this week's book is Pete the Cat and the Cool Cat Boogie.   The story is written and illustrated by Kimberly & James Dean.


Have you read any of the Pete the Cat books?  They are wonderful.  I have a favorite one and it is Pete the Cat and the Cool Cat Boogie.   Cats are really cool.  I actually have 4 of them and pretty much consider myself a cat expert.   Pete the Cat reminds me of my cat, Rembrandt Blue.  Pete the Cat is blue and my cat, Rembrandt Blue, is a blue point Siamese.   Rembrandt Blue is really a cool cat too.  He is a pretty mild mannered cat just like Pete the Cat. 

Pete the Cat and the Cool Cat Boogie is a story about how much Pete loves to dance.  The problem is, Pete doesn't know how to dance.  Everyone Pete the Cat met told him he was dancing all wrong.  Pete the Cat was bummed.  All he wanted to do was dance.   He felt the music and his body just wanted to groove.   When people told him his dance moves were bad, Pete the Cat was sad.  He decided to still keep trying to dance.  His feet wanted to dance, but they just didn't know the right moves.   Have you ever wanted to do something only to become discouraged?  That has happened to me.  Actually, that has happened to me a lot.  It is very easy to become discouraged when things don't seem to be going right.   The important thing to remember is not to get discouraged.    I bet you are wondering what happened to Pete the Cat.  Did he learn to dance?   Did someone finally help him?   It is too great of a story to ruin the ending for you.  It would be better if you read the book yourself and enjoyed the surprise ending.   Remember, the library is a wonderful place to look at books.  The librarian can always help if you are looking for a special book and can't find it.  Librarians are great at finding books!

Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website and you will receive my private newsletter.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

The kids get to meet Mr Beeps