Bling's weekly book review - "Eat your Peas" written by Kes Gray, Illustrated by Nick Sharratt


Hi Friends,

It is time for my weekly book review.   I love doing them for you!

This week, my book review is for a children's book, Eat your Peas, written by Kes Gray and illustrated by Nick Sharratt.   Maybe I am an unusual dog, but I like peas and I LOVE brussels sprouts.   Don't even get me started about tomatoes.....gosh, my tail is really wagging fast.


adogbling.com

This book is about a little girl named Daisy.  Daisy does not like peas.   It is dinnertime and Daisy's mom is encouraging Daisy to eat her peas.
At first Daisy's mom asks Daisy to eat her peas.  Daisy just couldn't.  Daisy doesn't like peas.  Then, Daisy's mom offers Daisy a nice reward for eating her peas.   Daisy still wouldn't eat her peas.   Daisy's mom keeps offering Daisy more rewards for eating peas.   It doesn't matter.  Daisy does not like peas.
Is there anything you don't like to eat.  I really thought about this.   I can't think of anything I don't like to eat.  There are some things I like better than others.  For the most part, I will pretty much eat anything.   Not Daisy though.  Daisy obviously does not like peas AT ALL!
What could Daisy and her mom do in such a situation?    Do you have any ideas?  I can't tell you what they did or how they solved their problem,  You will need to read the book to find out exactly what they did.  The good news is, they reach a solution and compromise.   We should always be willing to compromise - to find a way to work things out with each other.   When working things out together, remember to be nice and respectful too.   It is especially important to be respectful of each other.  That does not mean we have to agree.  It simply means, we need to respect each other.  We need to understand everyone will not like the same things and that is okay.
I hope you are able to read this book and if so, enjoy it as much as I did.

Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week. 
Don't forget about my fan club.  If you do not belong to my fan club, you can sign up on line through  my website.  Click on this link:  JOIN BLING'S FAN CLUB.

It is wonderful to hear about new books to read.  If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love, hugs and a wagging tail, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

The kids get to meet Mr Beeps