Bling's weekly children's book review - "Mighty Mo" by Alison Brown

Hi Kids,

It is time for my weekly book review.  This week's book is written and illustrated by the same person!  Wow - multi-talented huh!  It is a great book - my entire family enjoyed it!
https://www.adogbling.com

This week, my book review is on "Mighty Mo" by author/illustrator by Alison Brown.

What makes us choose a specific book to read?   (I know - isn't it interesting to think about!) This week what caught my attention was the bright red color on the cover of the book.   I loved the emotions of the characters on the cover too.  No words were needed to see what they were feeling.

The main character of the book is a racoon named Mo.   Mo is a wild racoon who is terribly bored.  Mo was so bored he took off to find something to do.  Do you know what he did?  He broke into a zoo. Yep, it is true (at least according to the book!) he broke into the zoo. 

The first animal he passes is a penguin.  I LOVE penguins.  They walk like this.  Oh, wait, you are reading and can't see me.  Well, picture me waddling around looking like a penguin.  Why don't you do it right now and we can do it together - let's all waddle around the room like penguins.  Okay, sit back down.  That was fun.  Back to the book review....    So, Mo passes this little blue penguin.  You can see the penguin is surprised.  Mo is in such a hurry to do something, anything, he doesn't even notice the penguin. 

Mo sees exciting things going on in the zoo.  Maybe he can do some of those things and he won't be bored.   Well, he tries everything and nothing works out.  Not only is he bored, he can't do anything he tries to do.  Mo is sad.  He sits down on a log and is sure there is nothing to do that can make him feel good about himself.   All of a sudden, the little penguin (the one he passed at the beginning of the book) is yelling for help.   Mo, still very sad, thinks he can't help because he can't do anything.   The little penguin pushes Mo with all his might.  He knows Mo can help.

Mo heads out on a mission to save the day.   I can't tell you what happens and ruin the ending for you.  I can tell you though, we can all do more than we think we can.  No matter how sad we might be, we can find ways to make us happy again.

Now, go ask an adult to get this book from  your local library and read it to you.   If your library doesn't have it, maybe they can order it for you.  Don't be afraid to ask!   You will all love the story...and the pictures...and the colors...it will be GRRRREAT!


Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love and hugs, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

Bling's weekly book review: "No Roses for Harry" written by Gene Zion and illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham.