Bling's weekly book review - Dragon Was Terrible, authored by Kelly Dipucchio

Hi Kids,

It is time for my weekly book review.  There are so many GGGGRRRREAT books out there, it is difficult to pick one to review each week.   I want to review more than one!!
www.adogbling.com

This week, my book review is on "Dragon was Terrible" by author, Kelly DiPucchio and illustrated by Greg Pizzoli.

What makes us choose a specific book to read?   It can be a number of things.  This week what caught my attention was the title of the book.   I had to laugh out loud when I read it....Dragon was Terrible!   Instantly, I wanted to read more.

The first page begins the story saying, "Dragon was terrible.  Naturally, dragons have a bit of terrible in them because they are dragons after all."   I laughed to myself (well, Rembrandt Blue, my cat besty, heard me too.)  That is so true.  Who isn't afraid of a dragon?  I asked myself, "Why are we afraid of dragons?  Well, because...they are dragons...duh!"   This made me think a little.  Hum, maybe we shouldn't think all dragons are terrible just because they are dragons.   Then, I went back to reading.  The book went on to list all the bad things that this dragon did.  On one page it mentioned that he spit on cupcakes.   ARE YOU KIDDING ME?   That is downright nasty.  Okay, I kept reading.    The king in the story had enough from this dragon and posted a reward for whoever could tame the out of control dragon.   Of course, this was a pretty terrible dragon and no one could tame him.  Do you know a little boy is the hero of the story.   I SOOOOOO want to tell you what the boy did, but that wouldn't be fair to ruin the ending for you.   This is a great book.  I really enjoyed it and think you will too.   Congratulations to the author, Kelly DiPucchio for a wonderful story. 

Thank you for reading my book review.  I'll have a new one next week.

If you have a book you'd like to recommend for me to read, I'd love for you to email me at  adogbling@gmail.com

Love and hugs, your friend, Bling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bling has great news from a 3 year old

Bling's Book Review - Do Unto Otters, bu Laurie Keller

Bling's weekly book review: "No Roses for Harry" written by Gene Zion and illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham.